8/22/2010

vintage aqua + red room

A while back I was visiting with my sister in law Jamie and we were discussing her desire to decorate her three year old's room. My niece's room also functions as a play room for herself and her two brother so there is need to keep it somewhat neutral. Jamie mentioned that she was thinking to use turquoise/aqua and red accents and when I came across this sweet room in House Beautiful designed by Krista Ewart I thought it was perfect inspiration.


I thought I'd play and have some fun by finding pieces I thought would be great in an aqua + red bedroom/playroom.

Since the room is on the smaller side and is also used as a playroom, I tried to keep things simple and basic but fun so my thoughts for this room are as follows:
  • This inexpensive Target Aqua Table Lamp rings in at about $20 bucks and would be great for a kid's room. 
  • A sweet Cavallini ABC "poster" for $4.50 echos the colors and vintage feel I was after (I posted about Cavallini here).  
  • I included these Charlie Harper bird prints that would be fun to hang on a gallery wall. (I hestitated to use these because they are no longer available for download from Cincinnati's Contemporary Arts Center but I thought if anyone was interested, feel free to email me and I'll send you the files.)
  • This Red Stripe Sofia Fabric at $8/yd would be great as a simple valance for the lone window in the room.  
  • I thought the Minnen Bed from Ikea was too cute and adds to the vintage feel (check out the bed in action here in last pic). 
  • Lastly, I loved this easy DIY Fabric Garland from me oh my that would be fun to hang pretty much anywhere in the room.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this color combination. It's perfect for a young girl's room. That bed is perfect... so girly and vintage feeling.

Jamie said...

Sorry to be so slow posting here, I love your ideas! I think the colors would be so fun! We need to figure out our bed situation and get a'busy with things.

Thanks for pulling the colors together and the fun ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...