10/14/2010

Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup

I love fall/winter time because to me, that means soup! I'm not sure if you've ever made chicken noodle soup but it's a lot easier to make than I thought it was, and so much tastier than from the can!

Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
  • 1/2 pound chopped cooked chicken breast
  • 1 1/2 cups egg noodles
  • 1 cup sliced carrots
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion, celery and carrots in butter until just tender, 5 minutes. Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, *noodles,  basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.
* I'm not a big fan of over done noodles so I cooked them separately and then added them to the soup right before I served it.

1 comment:

Jackie Norris said...

Sounds yummy! I'm the same way, I LOVE having soup when the weather cools a little.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...