1. The Colbert Report. I know this isn't a new show, and my husband and I have DVR'ed the nightly episodes for years, but I've really gotten into watching lately. I enjoy Colbert's way of attacking political (and other) absurdity. He's funny and smart, and I'm a fan.
2. Sarah Addison Allen. My book club chose Garden Spells last year, and I've loved every work by this "magical realism" writer since then. I've just finished The Girl Who Chased the Moon, which was beautifully written. As a Southerner, I also appreciate that her stories are always set in North Carolina because I think that we do have a bit of magic and myth in our small towns and people.
3. Spring Look Books. Everything that I've seen looks classic and fun, with beautiful prints, colors, and accessories. I'm loving all the ideas that Talbots, J. Crew, and Loft have shared with those of us who are sick of winter layers and are dreaming of warm weather.
4. Nude shoes. I never-ever-ever thought that nude shoes would catch my eye. I always thought of them as "Aunt Bee-ish." And then the above mentioned Talbot's Spring Look Book came out. Suddenly I'm obsessed and on the market for a pair.
5. Blogs. I love the idea of having a "space" for creative people to share our lives, projects, tips, and adventures. I'm fascinated by the idea that my stories can be captured in this unique way for whoever comes across my little url. Some of my favorite fellow bloggers (besides olive & a) are Cardigan Junkie, Mackin Ink, Shutterly Lovely, and You Stir Me. All ladies with whom I'd want to be friends in "real life."
Great list! Thanks for sharing with us Leslie! I love learning about new books so I'll definitely have to check out Sarah Addison Allen. Please stop by Leslie's blog and say hello.
If you are interested in sharing your list, we'd love to read it! Go here for details.